Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Meeting a New Friend ~June 10th

Okay, I'm a little behind with my blogging, only a month. :) I have officially finished school with the kids, graduated Charles and started working summer shifts. I am trying to find my groove again, so to speak. So sorry for the delay to those of you who may check in here regularly. I have 3 years off now until the next graduation, so I should be better. :) I will try to get back on track...

While we were in Winnipeg, our friend Megumi had her second child, a lovely brother for Nora's friend, H. We were very excited to meet him, and everyone loves his thick brown hair and blue eyes. It's so amazing that he looks like his Dad and sister, and not so Japanese at this point. Megumi is getting outnumbered! Either way, he's a beautiful boy and was settling in nicely when we were able to visit 11 days later.


The girls were happy to see each once again after being apart for a few weeks. Although they still have a tough time in the sharing department...


Nora, like most girls, seems to be fascinated by babies. She just needs to learn that their arms and fingers are not meant to bend backwards just because they are soft and floppy. Poor little guy didn't object too much to the forced doublejointed-ness! Nora had many questions about "the baby" and enjoyed stroking his face.


Megumi is an unbelievable host, showing us how to make sushi which we then enjoyed for lunch. (Nora loves California rolls...)I wish I was a better friend in the food department, spoiling her with gifts from my kitchen. (The "spoils" I might bring at this point would literally be that...  blue with mold!) Congratulations, Megumi! Looking forward to enjoying both of your little ones.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Lucky you, getting sushi-making lessons. I just bought the stuff I need to make them last week and plan to make it a goal in the very near future. :) Megumi's baby is super cute!

Post a Comment