Monday thankfully gave us a brief reprieve from the rain in time to celebrate Lewis and Grandpa's birthdays early. It's always fun to catch up with family and enjoy BBQ fare. I've too many photos here, but wanted to include everyone. Thanks to all for a lovely evening.
 |
| Lewis and Kailey enjoy a friendly game. |
 |
| Kailey is getting super tall! |
The day was extra special with a visit from my cousin Luke's family. Here are the second cousins....
 |
| Cute Koen |
 |
| Pretty Makena |
 |
| Adorable Asher |
 |
| Their amazing Mom, Tricia. |
 |
| Our two Dads, where the grown-ups gathered... |
 |
| Uncle Stewart, always a big tease... |
 |
| Uncle Rob... always has a story to share. |
 |
| Cousins hang together. |
 |
| Nora is in her glory, with so many kids around. |
 |
| She is especially happy when she sees the "Baby". |
 |
| Her nurturing side comes out easily, with reassuring pats on the arm. |
 |
| The whole gang... if you're not in here, we missed you too! |
 |
| Sixty years apart, this year it's 72 and 12. |
 |
| Lewis was determined not to have any girlfriends... 12 candles out in one blow. |
 |
| We're all blessed beyond measure by this man. So glad he's cancer-free now! |
 |
Kelsey joined us for dessert, and was a good sport for putting up
with Stewart's comments about what she didn't bring for dinner. :) |
 |
I had worked Sunday nightshift, so wasn't too with it at the party
but was really happy that it came together so well. |
 |
| James wrecked another decent picture. Kelsey and I were not impressed... |
 |
| How sweet! |
 |
| A squishy time of gift-opening. |
 |
It's great to have Charlene and Stewart around now
for family events. They keep the boys in line, too. |
 |
| Kieren was awesome in playing so much with Nora. |
 |
| Grandpa has a way with little ones. |
 |
| They all love him! |
 |
| Luke and his little darlings. |
After the guests left, Lewis convinced me to give him the gift I had bought him, as I won't be here on Saturday when he has his "real" birthday. He wasn't too sure about it at first, until he realized that it wouldn't be his only gift... I just needed more time to shop still.
 |
| A floral bag just for fun. |
 |
| Nora loves birthdays! |
 |
A few photos of Scott seeing as he missed all the photo ops prior.
It's lonely work at the BBQ, but he sure is good at it. |
 |
A cordless drill might not be your first choice for a 12 year old, but if they were like Lewis
you'd understand. Scott's surprised as well, and Thomas sulked for awhile that he
never got a drill at that age! James can borrow it off Lewis, maybe pay per hour... |
And one last photo... here's Nora the day before, after "helping" make the cake. I loved her little pose on the chair. I don't think I can do that even on the ground...
No comments:
Post a Comment