Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me! ~ Jan. 29th

Believe it or not, I had a choice to work on my birthday or not, and I said "Yes". Mind you, that was when I only had one shift booked for the whole month and so I was desperate. (I've since had many due to a co-worker's illness... not exactly how I wanted God to answer my prayers for more work!) It wasn't until noon that I finally let it slip out that it was my birthday. The rest of the shift was considerably different, with well wishes from everyone. My co-worker and friend, Megumi, even came in with flowers at lunch, and somehow I ended up with a cupcake as well. :) It's amazing how much goodwill there is when people know that it's the day you were born. The well-meaning compliments are funny too... like, "Wow, I had no idea you were that old!" Yeah, thanks... I could be your mother. :)

After a tiring but pleasant day...
Met with hand-made cards... so creative.
Scott is good to me.
Smirks from James always makes me smile. His card actually was addressed
with "To a beautiful mother..." I was so shocked, there is hope. :)
Aren't all lit candles just calling for help to be blown out by 3 year olds?!
Mom and Dad kindly delivered a cake after dinner,
because you can't expect all those boys to make one, right?
Being with my parents on my birthday always makes the day feel just right.
Makes sense seeing as we started life out together from day one.
 Each year, just makes it that much more meaningful.
Life is beautiful, full of sweet friends and family.
Thank you for being a part of my  lovely bouquet of blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment