Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Touching base...

Hello friends and family, who are so kind to check in on us. We so appreciate you being part of our lives in this way, as it's a great way to stay in touch. (Although I need to do better on my end to figure out what's going on with you!) I wanted to let you know that I'm changing the focus of this blog to make it more inclusive of the whole family, although still mostly with what goes on with Nora. Her older brothers value their privacy a bit more than she does at this point... Nora's not shy, this we know. :) I've changed the title of the blog to reflect that, and added all my previous blogs to the right hand column. It has been a long time since I've written on the family blog that I had going, so I think it will be easier if I just combine the two. With my sister having recently moved to Winnipeg, I also want to keep her more updated about our goings-on. Hope that's okay!

As a side-note, we would appreciate your prayers for Scott's Dad, Walter. He had surgery on Friday at St. Paul's in Vancouver, to perform a bypass on his femoral artery. (He's had poor circulation for quite some time.) He came through that well enough, but had 2 small heart attacks on Friday night and Saturday morning. He's been in the coronary care unit, getting great care, and then sadly had a massive stroke on Monday evening, on the right side of his brain. He was able to speak last night when we visited, but has left side paralysis. Scott's family is all together now, visiting often. We don't know how he'll do day-to-day, and it's a difficult time. We've seen small mercies already in the situation, and know that your prayers make a difference. Thanks in advance, and I'll try to keep you posted.  Love, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment