Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labour Day weekend

Saturday night was a special time of seeing my long-time (as opposed to "old") girlfriends, Heather and Laura, with their families. (Unfortunately, I didn't get the guys...) It was pretty wild for me, to have their girls excited to spend time following Nora around, taking care of her and finding her adorable in every way. The fact that I have "little-girl" toys lying around for them. I still remember when the two youngest girls were born almost 6 years ago, which inspired me once again to return to the adoption agency and start the adoption process that November. I really wanted a little girl in my life, too. :) It just took longer than we thought!


 Close friends for 24 years
The next day, I was reminded of the joy of simple things. Lewis, Bubble-meister supreme, has a captive audience.


Nora and Rosie compete to pop the bubbles... thankfully there are no injuries!


Big brother carefully supervises little sister. So sweet...

Why do the bubbles have to go away?!
Here is Thomas modeling his new "frames",  days away from starting Gr. 8 in High School. A scary concept, having three Karpiuk boys in one school. Bring on the name confusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment